Spearfish Canyon Waterfalls & Hikes SD

We started the morning with the hike to Spearfish Falls.  We parked near the Latchstring Restaurant on 14A.  It was listed as 1.5 mile round trip.  It didn't seem that long.



Some ice on the plants near the falls.




Then we drove just a little further & parked behind the Lodge and hiked through the canyon to Roughlock Falls.  You can drive up to the falls & see them, but it's only about 2 miles round trip to hike from behind the Lodge.  It's a fairly easy hike and very scenic.









We weren't planning on this hike to Devil's Bathtub but decided to try.  It was a little more than I was bargaining for.  We had to cross the creek a number of times & there wasn't a good trail.  Part way through my husband found a walking stick for me & I felt must better crossing the creek.  Since I had just fallen last week & got my camera wet I was a little more nervous.












We saw these guys by the road.

Bridal Veil Falls - near Devil's Bathtub right off of Hwy 14A.